June - Metz Launch the Excellent New XS
The new Metz L32A XS had its official launch in Karlsruhe, Germany on 12th June with over 250 brigades from across the globe in attendance.
Delegates from the United Kingdom visited Metz HQ for the launch, hosted by UK partners North Fire plc, where the new Articulated TL received overwhelming praise for its innovative capability as Metz continue to raise the bar and set new standards in the aerial appliance field.
North Fire MD, Oliver North said, “This new articulated technology has completely revolutionised the agility, speed, and overall ability of the aerial appliance in confined streets with narrow surroundings which is very typical of the UK. The longer articulated tip ensures the ability to clear the apex of a roof to strip tiles and the 450kg rescue cage enables swift, easy rescue capabilities even in bariatric rescue scenarios. At a time when people continue to look for ‘best value’ Metz continue to innovate and increase the overall efficiency and ability of what an aerial appliance can do, whilst reducing brigades’ whole life costs in the process.”
Metz will showcase the new ‘XS’ for the UK Fire & Rescue Services at the Emergency Services Show 2013 and will be demonstrating within Fire Services throughout the country during the summer. For demonstrations, Brigades are advised to book early.
In conjunction with the launch of the L32A XS, Metz showed off the existing ALP range which continues to win technical trials throughout the UK. Michael Kristeller commented, “Our new Articulated Ladder has highlighted our continued ability to innovate in the TL field but in many regions the ALP will continue to be selected as the Aerial of choice when a dedicated water tower is required. It was important for us at our XS launch to reaffirm the ALP range’s quality and functionality to highlight the fact that we are genuinely a one-stop-shop in the field of Aerial Appliances. In fact we are seeing more and more brigades opt for a mixture of TLs and ALPs as our uniformed control system allows for interoperability between both concepts and with one of each aerial tool in the region, any specific eventuality is covered as the TL is the better rescue tool and the ALP is better at delivering high volumes of water.”
North Fire will be demonstrating the Metz B32 ALP alongside the Turntable Ladder this summer where brigades can strategically assess which tool proves most specific for their requirements.
Select a month:
- November The new TWISTER is here
- October North Fire to Headline the Emergency Services Show 2012
- October The Artillery Rolls in for the Emergency Services Show
- September The MiTIC is Coming...
- August North Fire sign partnership with Argus
- July Avon Bolster Aerial Fleet with third Turntable Ladder
- July Nautilus Sales Hit Peak Due to Flash Floods
- July Leicestershire Opt for HEROS-xtreme
- June Team North Fire Win again
- May Financial Success for North Fire
- April London Choose Premium Branch Range
- March In the news
- February Boxing Star’s Safe Driving Plea To Youngsters
- February Firefighter Fitness Test For Froch
- January Avon Select Metz L27
- January Oxfordshire HEROS-xtreme
- December ISO 9001 Complete
- November North Fire sponsor Atlantic City Bill
- October Kell Brook Endorsement
- September New Chairman, Ken Davy
- August Aireshelta Partnership Confirmed
- July Business of the Year
- April North Fire 'Business of the Month'
- March Oliver North seconded to FIRESA Council
- February Yorkshire Quartet Complete